Yes, we have the hippest and most romantic location in Toronto with some of the most interesting and exciting venues. But what brings it all together and makes it truly work is our team of professional event coordinators, led by Jason Rosso.
Jason Rosso, Director
Kim Miyama, Event Coordinator
- Chef Jason Rosso, like many before him, started his culinary career at a very young age in a local family-run restaurant. Rosso has been the executive chef at Peller Estates winery in the Niagara region, as well as several other marquee restaurants in downtown Toronto including Senses, Bistro Tournesol, and Sassafrazz. Rosso has won many awards and accolades for his cuisine, is a co-host chef of the Food Network's 'Restaurant Makeover', and in 2004 was invited to cook at the James Beard house in New York City to showcase his skill.
- His menus contained solely Canadian ingredients and earned him a reputation for "awesomely tender and flavourful food". James Chatto wrote in Food & Drink that Rosso's cooking "puts the accent firmly on flavor and makes full use of the seasonal local bounty".
- In 2008, Jason shifted his career when he left the kitchens at the Distillery to become the Director of Operations for the Distillery restaurants. His right hand man, Chef Eric Pless, took the reigns as the Executive Chef after having worked with Jason for more than 8 years.
- Jason's experience with food and beverage, and his passion for exceptional service have made him an incredible leader for the company. In his time as the Director, he has expanded the company to include the Fermenting Cellar, which is a 9,000 square-foot prestigious event space in the Distillery District.
- In order to bring his extraordinary food and service to his clients beyond the Distillery District, Jason has also created Stonehouse Catering.
Jordan Meagher, Event Coordinator
- Honours graduate from hotel restaurant management program at Humber College. With aspirations to open her own restaurant one day, Kim found a passion for event planning and changed career paths.
- Through an extensive internship, Kim was offered an opportunity working with a offsite catering company coordinating large professional sporting tournaments and corporate and social events across some of Torontos premium venues.
- In 2008, Kim came to the Distillery District and became a part of the Distillery Events team. In that time she has carved out her niche as a planner with an eye for detail and design, with a particular love of weddings.
Rebecca Singer, Event Coordinator
- Moved to Toronto to pursue an education in Hospitality and Tourism. Completed 2 years at Ryerson for Hospitality and Tourism and another 2 years at George Brown for Special Event Management.
- Started interning in January 2009 with the Distillery District and was offered an event coordinating job with the Fermenting Cellar and the Distillery in May of 2009.
- January 1st, 2010 she joined the Distillery Events team when the teams merged together.
- Jordans enthusiasm for her clients and their events has helped her very quickly gain a reputation for being a compassionate planner.
- 1st point honours graduate from York University.
- Rebecca has always had an interest in pursuing a career in the cultural arts and entertainment industry.
- She is joining us after three years as a member of the operations team with the distillery restaurant corporation.
- Rebeccas experience in the arts and knowledge of food and beverage makes her a great new asset to our team.